Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

It's my mom's 65th birthday next week and we will be celebrating this weekend. I think my sister and I will be taking her to see Stratford's production of West Side Story in the fall as a gift - my good friend Heather tells me it's probably the best musical production she has ever seen! (And she would know as she is a talented actor herself! LOL)
So I needed a birthday card, right? I decided to use this week's colour challenge on SCS, which was to use Pixie Pink, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery. While CCelery is a colour that I use often, I have not used Apricot Appeal regularly in quite a while, and to be honest, I can't recall ever using my Pixie Pink pad *blush*. So this was DEFINITELY a challenge for me! LOL! I like the freshness of it, though, and it went quite well with the stamps I chose, Flight of the Butterfly, which is a new set to me.
I also got to break in my new butterfly punch - LOVE IT!!! - as well as my new "Sherbet" designer buttons. I like that the new designer buttons do not have any of the In Colors. I find that I tend to hoard my buttons (I prefer to think of it as, saving them for very special occasions LOL) and now I am stuck with a bunch of gorgeous ones from last year's collection, which I am going to have difficulty using now that the colours are not current anymore... Oh well.

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

No comments: