Wednesday, October 08, 2008

ARGH!!

It's official. Cogeco (our ISP) sucks arse. I have been working since last night to try and get the stoopid connection to work, only to be told today that they are fully aware of the fact that the network in our area has reached its capacity, but the work to rectify this is not scheduled to be done until THE END OF THE YEAR OR EARLY NEXT YEAR!! And we pay HOW MUCH money for this 'service'?!? Ugh. Time to find another ISP methinks.
I spent over an hour last night trying to upload my Colour Challenge card, only to keep getting timed out. And then this morning and most of this afternoon, I couldn't even get on the internet at all!! Talk about feeling cut off from civilization!! LOL! Anyway. Here is my card:
The challenge colours were Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss. Not a colour combo that I would have come up with myself, but I do like it - very fall-like at any rate. I got a schwackload of new goodies yesterday, so I broke out my new Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, as well as my new Kiwi Kiss designer prints paper and striped grosgrain ribbon. And see the scalloped oval mat for my main panel? It's actually two scallop circles that I offset and stuck together. Please, please - save your applause for my aria ;o)

OK, hopefully this time I am able to upload the $#**$&#* card... (but I'm not bitter...)

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

ETA: Since it seems to be working tonight, here is my Sketch Challenge card, too.

The main panel was done on watercolour paper, and coloured using Watercolour Watercolour Crayons (coloured onto the paper and blended out with aquapainters). The striped background was done by colouring the Classic Stripes background stamp with markers and stamping it (onto Very Vanilla c/s).

Thanks for looking! :o)

No comments: