Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I like this gig

This working-in-town thing definitely has its advantages - TWO MORNINGS IN A ROW that I've been able to put in some stampin' before I have to go to work! WOOHOO! LOL! Ah but not having to live in the same town as one's social work clients has its advantages too... *sigh*
Anyway. This is for today's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I decided to go somewhat monochromatic for this one, with Kiwi Kiss (of course!) and a splash of Basic Gray. The stamp is from Text & Texture - these are double-mounted stamps, with the background on one side of the block, and the bold sentiment on the other side. I really like this set but rarely break it out. The DP is from the Urban Garden collection. And I saw this kind of button/ribbon treatment on a card by the very talented Jenn Balcer - I just loved how she used ribbon to thread her buttons!! I didn't know if I would be able to squeeze the taffeta ribbon through this button but I did it! Doesn't it look cool? And I like how it brings together the two colours of this card :o)

Not sure who the recipient of this card will be yet. And actually, I'm amassing quite the stash of cards - maybe I'll gift them to teachers for the holidays LOL!

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

2 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! I love it!

Judy in Indiana said...

Congratulations #85, you are the blog winner for my Hanna Stamps giveaway. (I can't remember what you won, though.) e mail me at judy at workmanfamily daht com and we'll work it out. I'll need your address, too