Sunday, March 29, 2009

Who likes to play with colours?

Introducing, A-M's Weekly Colour Challenge! Colour challenges are always my favourite kind of design challenge, so I decided to start my own to share with all of you! You can play as many times as you'd like - just comment with a link to your creation, or if you post to Splitcoaststampers, use the keyword noted below and I will check it out there!

The first colour combination for you to play with, is Rose Red, Tangerine Tango (or Pumpkin Pie if you don't have it) and Old Olive. As with colour challenges on SCS, neutrals can be added (such as Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand and Going Gray), but the colour in your cardstock, images, embellishments, designer papers should ONLY include the featured colours.
My card features a sweet little image from A Flower for All Seasons which I watercoloured using the "No Copics No Problem" technique (which uses SU! markers and aquapainters). This was an experiment, as I obviously don't own a Tangerine Tango marker, so I used a blender pen and reinker for this colour. As you can see, the technique does not seem to work that well with this combination LOL but it still turned out okay. The Going Gray marker I used for the watering can was not ideal either. But the Old Olive and Rose Red markers worked great! My image is actually mounted inside the card, inside a 1 3/8" square opening that I made with my punch. I used the same punch to cut the opening on my little frame. Here is a close-up of the coloured image:

And the flourish at the top of the card (from Priceless) was stamped in VersaMark and clear embossed. OK so now it's YOUR turn to play! I look forward to seeing all of your creations! If you upload to SCS, please use this keyword: AMCC1 so I can find your project easily.

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

No comments: