Sunday, November 02, 2008

Back in the groove...

OK, getting back into the swing of things... Have I mentioned that I have done SQUAT about my Xmas cards yet?!? I've usually at least got the design figured out by this time of year - ACK! Guess that'll be my project for this week. Oh yeah, and preparing for a workshop on Nov. 15 (going to Great Wolf Lodge this coming weekend - YAY! - so won't have any time to do any prepping). Not enough hours in the day, I tell ya!
So, about this card - it's for this week's Featured Stamper challenge, which features SCS'er Becca Stamps. I chose this card of hers to CASE. I loved how classy it looked, and was very curious about the technique she did on her main panel. Basically, it's an emboss resist technique, but instead of a brayer she used reinkers and water on a non-porous surface, and turned her paper face down into it to pick up the ink (see more info about her technique on her blog here). She used regular c/s, but I used watercolour paper instead. I used the same colour reinkers that she did (Bordering Blue and Old Olive), but I used a sheet of acetate (aka transparency or window sheet) instead of teflon on which to blend the ink and water (washed off easily afterwards with just a paper towel). I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set for the embossing and for the blue background, and the French Script background stamp on the main panel. The sentiment is from Upsy Daisy.

This card will be going to my dear old friend Julie, whose birthday was last Friday (yeah, I forgot to send her a card LOL! At least now I can start blaming my age ;o) ).

AND I want to share that I have FINALLY memorized all the words to a wicked song from the musical (Ain't Got No Grass, for those of you who are familiar with Hair). It's basically a string of words that have no connection with each other (ie. absolutely NO logical way of learning the sequence LOL) and sung at an unbelievably FAST speed. Don't ask me how I will be able to dance AND sing to this number - I shudder at the mere thought. But I'm at least ready for singing the durn thing at this afternoon's rehearsal, hopefully WITHOUT the aid of my score :o)

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

No comments: