Monday, December 22, 2008

Another (holi)day, another card... or two!

or three, actually - I just saw the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza challenge for today and I'm feeling inspired! :) So stay tuned for another post, either later tonight or tomorrow morning...

Otherwise, after a busy day doing paperwork for my day job (Yes, I'm supposed to be on holidays, but I am planning on going back to a clean slate in January LOL), I finally sat down to STAMP!!
The first card, above, is for yesterday's Holiday Challenge, which was to create a square card, with a scalloped element, and a sentiment as the focus. I used a stamp from the Full of Life set for the sentiment, and the grasses from Inspired by Nature for the background. I love how simple and clean this card is! The colours are Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point and Riding Hood Red.
The second card is for today's Technique Lovers Challenge, which involved the faux silk techique, but with a twist.

The pear image from Infinite Goodness was stamped three times onto tissue paper using a masking technique. Then I wrinkled the tissue paper by wadding it into a ball and then opening it back up again. Then I stamped the pear image again, this time on white cardstock, and cut it out (I tried doing it on a lighter green but didn't get enough contrast with the Old Olive). Then, using a regular glue stick, I glued the white pear to the back of the tissue paper,to correspond with the pear on the tissue paper, finally mounting the whole thing onto a piece of Old Olive cardstock (once again using the glue stick).


Here is a close-up of the faux silk panel:
Doesn't that look neat?
OK, time for a nice cup of tea, then onto that next challenge...
Happy Stampin'!
A-M

No comments: