Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Repeat after me...

VACATION means NO WORK!! GAH! The good news is, I'm almost completely caught up on my paperwork for work. The bad news is, I'm spending my holidays doing WORK!! :o( Ah well, I just keep reminding myself that the more I get done now, the less overwhelmed I will feel when I return in the New Year... BUT I have decided that I will NOT do ANY work tomorrow! NONE!! Well, except for housework, I guess... LOL!

So as a reward, I stamp a little each night. :o) This is the first of two cards I made tonight:

OK, so I use the term 'card' lightly, as it's just a sliver of one, really, but it's SO DARN CUTE!! They call these 'scraplings', because, well, they're made from scraps. Specifically, they're intended to be made from the scrap of a standard size card (4.25" x 5.5") which has been shaved down to a 4.25" x 4.25" square card, therefore leaving a narrow 1.25" x 4.25" mini card. They make a cute gift tag, or a bookmark, or a quick 'thinking of you' kind of note you can leave on someone's desk at work or tuck into their mail box. I learned about these thanks to yesterday's Holiday Extravaganza challenge on SCS. I used a scrap of textured Kiwi Kiss c/s for the base of my scrapling, and a scrap of DP that I had left over from preparing make & takes for October/November. The stamp set is Bitty Basics (a hostess set that will be retiring with this cattie, and which saw ink for the first time tonight). I will definitely be making more of these!!


My next card is for today's Holiday Extravaganza challenge, which was basically a limited supplies challenge. The goal was to make a Birthday card using only one sheet of designer paper, two colours of cardstock (plus a neutral), three punches, and only one ribbon as an embellishment. I used the "Candy Lane" DP which will be featured in the upcoming Spring-Summer Idea Book and Catalogue, and paired it with Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red c/s. I also used Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain for my ribbon. The stamp sets are True Friend (flower image) and Lots of Thoughts (sentiment). The flower image was overstamped with Versamark and embossed with clear ep to give the card some texture. A very girly card, but it will definitely find a recipient :o)
Happy stampin'!

A-M

No comments: