Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taking a break from Christmas cards

Even though it's white-out conditions out there (perfect for stamping, btw LOL), I decided to stamp a non-Christmas card for today's Featured Stamper challenge. The stamper in question is Paula Tracy and I just fell in love with her soft sympathy card.
Mine is Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss instead of the soft powder blue she used. And I really liked the look of the panel in the bg, so tried to recreate it with my brayer (I used a reverse masking technique so that only the strip in the centre of the textured white cardstock got inked). And I used a different stamp set, which is not a negative-space kind of image, so stamped it in white craft ink and embossed it with white ep, on Baja Breeze c/s. And I used a faux-stitching technique on the three panels.

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

Just so divine! Love the lay-out and fun colors. Yes, a non-Christmas card is a great idea... Smiles! :)