Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In a Festive Mood


I don't know why, but I'm in a Xmas card kinda mood :o) I made these on the weekend and had planned on making a third one before I posted the set, but one of my fellow Canadian demos emailed one of my Yahoo groups asking for ideas using the new "Felt Flurries" felt snowflakes, so I decided to post these for her.

I really like the Deer Friends hostess set - it's so cute! And I'm a sucker for circle punchables :o) I decided to inset these images by punching out a 1 3/8" circle out of the DP panel, and to affix this panel to the card front using dimensionals, and then adhering the stamped circle (stamped once in one colour and then again in a contrasting colour and punched out) to the card base for a 3D effect. Here is a close-up of this element:


When I make the third card, it will be using the tree image from the same set, and DP from the same collection with more of the Old Olive. I'm thinking this might be my Xmas card this year, what do you think?...
Happy Stampin'!
A-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make such amazing cards! What inspiration - thank you!


Suzy

Allison said...

These are great. What are all the punch sizes that you used? And what set is the sentiment from? I think I have to CASE these.