Monday, September 01, 2008

Summer's over! Or is it?...

Kind of strange how this weekend feels more like summer than any other the past two months? LOL! Took the family to the Shelter Valley Folk Festival on Saturday (had a blast! the kids were WIPED OUT - and me, too! LOL), spent some time in my garden yesterday "putting it to bed" and yanking cartloads of weeds (ugh). I wanted to take the kids to the beach or to the local splash pad (which is by the beach) but do you think I could convince them to go outside?!? I just don't get it. So I stamped a card instead :o) It's for this week's Featured Stamper challenge. Very simple, one layer card, but it's its simplicity that I loved!
It features the Garden Whimsy stamp set, and it's inked in Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss, but since I don't have my first order yet from the new catalogue, and therefore no new In Colour ribbon, I had to make do with red gingham. Niki's original card uses a nice red satin ribbon and a wonderful Papertrey Ink stamp set that I am seriously coveting at the moment (I am a sucker for florals :o) ) But since I have a huge order of new stamps coming TOMORROW, I will be a good girl and wait...
Happy Stampin'!
A-M

No comments: