Thursday, September 04, 2008

Shh!!

I think this will be the card I make for a demo swap I'm in this month:

But don't tell anyone as it's supposed to be a surprise! ;o) We were to make a card from newly-offered stamps in the Fall-Winter catalog. I chose Inspired by Nature. The main panel was partly inked (Baja Breeze for the petals), partly markered (Not Quite Navy for the flower centres and Old Olive for the stems), and then misted before the image was stamped (only part of the image was used here, too - there is a third flower off to the left that I did not use). Then I inked the other stamp from that set (long grasses) with Versamark and stamped it onto the Basic Gray background, then embossed with clear embossing powder. The designer paper is from the new Urban Garden paper - I think when I make the rest of my cards though, I will make the strip narrower, so you can see more of the grasses in the background. The sentiment is from Upsy Daisy (another new set, which incidentally is currently on sale with 15% off!), and the ribbon is the new Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon (it's tied with hemp twine). I really like how this card turned out! :o)

And I really need to get in gear to get those cards done PRONTO (I have to do 11 for the swap and they need to arrive in Vancouver - at the other end of the country - by September 19), as I have also agreed to make a banner for our Dragon Boating team at work - the race is September 13!!! ACK!! I've bought the fabric, that's a start, right? LOL! Now I need to design what I am going to draw, and execute it (in fabric paints).

So if you don't see much stamping from me in the next week or so, you'll know why. That, and I am transporting one of my clients to a placement in Quebec on Sunday, leaving first thing in them morning and not returning home until Monday after work... Maybe I'll bring my fabric paints and work on the banner at the hotel?... Hmm...

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

No comments: