Saturday, September 06, 2008

WICKED stuff!


OK, taking a break from swaps and workshop prep and laundry and packing for my work trip tomorrow... and STAMPIN'! :o) This card is for the WICKED challenge on SCS, a monthly challenge for SU! demos. There are always three categories - colour, layout and technique - and you can either do three different cards or combine challenges (any two or all three) into one card. For this one I combined the colour combo (Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Sahara Sand) with the layout suggested by the challenge hostess.

I used the tree image from the Deer Friends hostess set for the medallion. I stamped it twice (in Not Quite Navy and in Kiwi Kiss), and punched out the navy one with the 1 1/4" circle punch, and just the kiwi tree with the 1" circle punch. I then punched out the scallop circle in Kiwi Kiss and a 1 3/8" circle in Not Quite Navy, and put together the medallion, layering the tree with a dimensional. The DP is from the Urban Garden collection, and the ribbon is the YUMMILICIOUS new Kiwi Kiss double-sided satin ribbon - MMMMMMM!!

Kind of unconventional for a Christmas card, but that's the way I like my Christmas cards. Do you like it?

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne-Marie,
I saw your Season of Friendship card on SCS and followed it here to your blog. I am really loving your style and when I got to this card I thought I better stop and tell you. Super card! I love the color combo and layout! Well now to continue on looking at some more of your work. Oh, and I hope your audition for Hair goes well too!