Sunday, September 28, 2008

Luv that Kiwi...

I think Kiwi Kiss has got to be my favourite In Colour to date. Even better than Purely Pomegranate :o) I love its fresh and tangy green hue. And it goes with so many other colours! Today is Sunday, which means it is Featured Stamper Challenge day at SCS. This week the Featured Stamper is Terrore3, a wonderfully talented stamper! The challenge is to pick a card from the featured stamper's gallery, and to CASE it (Copy And Share Everything) - basically, recreate it, but change one or two elements. I picked this card of Terry's - I love that it featured Kiwi Kiss :o) but I also appreciated the crisp simplicity of it. I LOVED the combination of the kiwi with the burgundy, but I didn't want to duplicate her card LOL so I subbed Basic Gray instead of the Bravo Burgundy.

I also chose a different stamp from the Oh So Lovely set, and used a different sentiment (from Upsy Daisy). And seeing as I don't have the large shape stamps, I used a reverse masking technique (with my brayer) to make the green highlight square at the centre of the card. Do you like it? You can never have too many birthday cards on hand, so this one will go into my stash.
Happy Stampin'!
A-M

No comments: