Sunday, August 10, 2008

Feelin' inspired


In more ways than one. First, I have made a card for this week's Inspiration Challenge. The inspiration piece - place settings - reminded me of two of the new SU! In Colors (Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red), so that's what I started with. Then the round shape of the plate inspired me to make a 'tent card' with a circular cut-out (using my Coluzzle). And the designs on the china reminded me of the Embrace Life stamp set, so that is what I used.

The card also features one of the new In Colour buttons that will be available TOMORROW (still no cattie, btw). One side of the button is shiny and kind of rounded (the side I chose to show on this card), while the other is kind of sanded looking, with a circular groove (which you can see the underside of on this close-up as well). I don't know if you're supposed to be able to use both sides like that? I think the matte side is supposed to be the 'right' side, but I kind of like the shiny side better...




My second 'inspiration' involves the NAME OF MY BLOG!! I think I have a winner, but said I would wait until the end of today for anyone to post their inspired names. The name was actually suggested by my DH (I know!! Who knew?), but I don't want to have to give him my blog candy (he wouldn't appreciate it anyway - he thinks all my cards "look the same" - the nerve, eh??), so PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS!! I'm sure someone out there can come up with a name to top the one he came up with! :o) I will REVEAL the winning name tomorrow night.
Happy stampin'!
A-M

No comments: