Monday, August 11, 2008

It's time...

...for the big reveal! LOL! My blog is now officially named! What do you think? Surprisingly, the name was suggested by my husband (I know, SHUT UP!!!) Who knew he had a creative bone in his body?... I tried to resist but, damn, it was too good to pass up... Thanks to those of you who took the time to make suggestions also - I really appreciated that you did! :o)

Now for cattie news: no, I have not received my supply order yet (or my complimentary demo copy). So like the rest of you, I have had to wait patiently at the SU! website to try to load the online version. Be patient, people - it appears there are several (thousands) of us (demos and customers) who have yet to get our hot little hands on a hard copy, and we are apparently overloading the server... but that being said, DON'T GIVE UP!! It is totally worth waiting for, from what I have seen so far!! And hopefully, I will have my order by week's end, and you can all fight each other for your very own copy :o)

Well, that's all I have tonight. It's been a busy work day for me, and I have an early morning tomorrow (driving to London and back - about a 4 1/2-hour drive from here, each way). I will definitely get the SCS colour challenge done tomorrow (if nothing else, it's the one challenge that I try to do each week), and should have something to post at that time.

OH!! And I have another winner to announce!! I had posted an online survey for my customers, and it was also closing last night. I drew randomly from the names of the customers who answered my survey, and the winner is HAPPY MIREAULT!! (Yes, her name really is Happy - and she TOTALLY suits it! :o) ) CONGRATULATIONS HAPPY!! As soon as I get my catalogue and can place that first order, you will be the lucky recipient of a brand-spankin', never-before-seen-new stamp set, as well as other assorted goodies. Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who participated in the survey, also - this blog is actually partially in response to the feedback you provided on that survey.

Oh, and I guess it wouldn't be a stamping blog if I didn't upload at least ONE photo, so here's one of a card I made a few weeks ago featuring some of our new In Colors (LOVE THEM!! This project features Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Pink Pirouette):




Isn't it cute? It is a super easy design - and the scallop layer is made that much easier with the use of the new scallop border punch!! Oh and the pink ribbon is actually white taffeta ribbon that I dyed using Pink Pirouette reinker - just squirt some reinker on the inside of your stamp pad lid, and use your aquapainter to pick up the ink. Then simply 'paint' your ribbon - TA-DA! Make sure you use paper towel to avoid getting ink all over the place. You might also need to use your embossing gun to dry your ribbon. This technique can also be used to dye the silk flowers from the Pretties Kit, so they perfectly match whatever project you are working on. Easy-peasy!
OK, I'm really off now.

Happy Stampin'!

A-M

No comments: