Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ta-ta, In Colors!






This week's Colour Challenge on Splitcoaststampers challenged us to use one or more of the retiring '07 In Colors in the design of our card/project. This card features three of my fave from the six - Soft Sky, Blue Bayou and River Rock. Purely Pomegranate was definitely in my faves also, but somehow didn't really go with the scheme I picked? Perhaps I will design another card this week to honor this other fallen hero... To be honest, the other two colours - Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi - didn't really do it for me. But to each her own, right?

This card also features a technique called, "emboss resist" for the main panel. This technique involves stamping an image using Versamark ink and then embossing it with clear embossing powder (in this case, I stamped Versamark onto Soft Sky cardstock). Then, using a brayer, you ink over the entire surface using a darker ink (in this case, Blue Bayou) - the ink will colour the plain cardstock, but will not stick to the embossed image, thus revealing the light-coloured image you have stamped! This technique is also perfectly suited to our Glossy White paper - this gives your project an entirely different, glossy finish (as opposed to the matte effect you get by using regular cardstock like I did here). Here is a close-up of the emboss resist panel:




Along with the 'old' I have also used one of our NEW products that is coming out next week - can you guess what it is?? Our new SCALLOP BORDER PUNCH!! Yep - no more lining up the corner rounder punch a gazillion times to get that scallop border! I know, it's gonna make your life SO much simpler, isn't it? You won't be able to live without it, am I right?... Perfect scallops without the headache. You know you waaaaant it. ;o)
Only SIX MORE SLEEPS until the new catalogue comes into effect! Can you tell I'm excited? I have to say, I was way envious of all my demo colleagues who got to go to the SU! convention in Salt Lake City over the weekend, and who not only got their copy of the catalogue when they arrived, but got to PLAY with some of the new stamps and toys. I had promised myself I would go this year, but unfortunately because of our family vacation plans, I had to let go the dream... But NEXT YEAR, baby!! It's also rumoured to be happening around my bday next year, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! :oD
Alright, that's it for me tonight. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to participate in my blog-naming contest (see post below) - yummy blog candy to the one who comes up with the best name!
Happy Stampin'!
A-M

1 comment:

LaunchingProjectH said...

I love the scallop border punch.
It's so sad to see these colors go!

Great card!