Thursday, August 07, 2008

Jewels for a Friend

HEY did you know tomorrow's my birthday? Yep. Today is officially the LAST DAY I will have been 40 years old. That deserves some bling, right? Which is why I was thrilled that today's Ways to Use It challenge involved using JEWELS in your card!

I am trying to build up my collection of samples for the new catalogue season, so decided to use items that will all still be available come next week. The stamps I used were from two different sets: Fresh Cuts and All Holidays. I also used three of the NEW '08 In Colors: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss. I think KK is going to be my favourite :o) And the bling is all from the Pretties Kit, which was not retired! The punched out five-petal flower (in Pink Pirouette) was sponged with Riding Hood Red, as I felt it did not stand out enough when I first put it there as I was designing the card.

And NEWSFLASH: I still have not received my catalogues. My toes are twitchin'. I have not even received my complimentary demo copy!! AAAAARGH! Canada Post sucks. *sigh* Here's hopin' that I get a surprise bday cattie in the mail tomorrow...
And HEY, don't forget to give me ideas for naming this blog!! Only THREE DAYS LEFT!! :o)
Happy stampin'!
A-M

No comments: