Friday, August 15, 2008

Snow in August?



Well it DID hail this morning... LOL! As strange as it may seem, though, today's Limited Supplies challenge was to make a card featuring a SNOWMAN!! I was so sad when this set retired ("It's Snow Time") - those snowmen were so cute! This card is actually another double-challenge, as it also fulfils yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge, which revolved around Copics. I talked about these alcohol-based markers in an earlier post - once again, as I do not own Copic markers myself, I used the "No Copics, No Problem" technique, which uses regular dye-based markers and an aquapainter (there is a wonderful tutorial here - check it out!).
Now I have to confess, this card is not purely SU!... see the glittery snowflakes on there?


They were made using the small snowflake stamp from the same It's Snow Time set, and a wonderful new-ish product made by Tsukineko called the Essential Glue Pad. It's used like an ink pad, but instead of ink it is an adhesive! So all you need to do is stamp your image and then sprinkle with glitter (I used SU! Dazzling Diamonds for these snowflakes). SO easy! I really hope SU! considers adding this product to their catalogue - it's so much easier than heat & stick powder! Just one step and no heating required! I picked up my glue pad at a LSS (Local Scrapbook Store) for about $15 - it comes with the pad (which is foam and uninked) and a refill bottle. Totally worth it, as far as I'm concerned!
I hope everyone has a nice weekend! In sharp contrast to this 'cool' card, we are planning a day at the beach tomorrow - my sister and her family are heading to Sandbanks Provincial Park for the next few days and we are going to meet them there for the day. Pray for nice weather! :o)
Happy Stampin!
A-M

No comments: